About Hannibal Regional Infusion Center
Located in the Hannibal Regional Medical Group building, the Infusion Center offers patients an easy, attractive alternative to a hospital setting for receiving their infusion therapy, simplifying and expediting the process while providing the highest-quality care and treatment. We provide patients and their families comprehensive infusion services in a comfortable, private setting, delivered by a friendly, caring staff.
Infusion services, provided by our specially trained oncology nurses, experts in managing all types of infusion, include:
Arranging a Patient Visit - The Referral Process
- Biological immune modulators
- Hematologic growth factors
- Injectable hormonal therapy
- IV bisphosphonates
- IV steroids
- IV immunoglobulin
Please contact your physician to send orders to the Infusion Center. Once the insurance verification process is complete, you will be contacted to set up an appointment.
During Your Treatment
The Hannibal Regional Infusion Center features 6 light-filled treatment areas. Each treatment space has a reclining chair along with an extra chair for anyone who many have accompanied you.
- On the day of treatment, we encourage you to bring one family member or friend with you. Depending on the length of treatment and medication administered, you may be too tired to drive home. Please note: Many of our patients are at an increased risk for infection from viruses due to compromised immune systems. To minimize disruption to the other people receiving chemotherapy and to prevent exposing patients with weak immune systems to infection, visitors must be over age 18.
- Dress warmly. The Infusion Center may be cool, especially after having received IV fluids. Blankets can be provided if you are feeling chilly or feel free to bring a blanket from home if it will make you more comfortable.
- Laptops and cellphones are permitted and free Wi-Fi is available.
Am I allowed to eat before treatment?
There are no restrictions on what you can eat on the day of treatment and you can eat anything during the treatment process. You can bring in your own food or eat what is provided by the Infusion Center. We have snacks, juices, coffee, tea and sodas available at all times and sandwiches are available at lunchtime.
Am I allowed to take my medications on the day of treatment?
Make a list of all the medications and doses you are currently taking and bring it with you to all of your appointments. If another doctor prescribes medication while you are receiving chemotherapy treatments, make sure he or she knows what chemotherapy you are receiving and when. Also, keep your doctor at the Infusion Center informed of any drug you take both prescription and over-the counter medications. Some medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements may affect your chemotherapy. Please ask your physician what you may or may not take during your chemotherapy. If you are taking any prescription medications for any conditions, you are permitted to take those on the day of treatment unless your oncologist has instructed otherwise. If you are unsure, contact your doctor.